|
I could have saved a life that day,
我那天本可以拯救一个生命
But I chose to look the other way.
但是我却选择了视而不见。
It wasn’t that I didn’t care;
那并不是我不在乎,
I had the time, and I was there.
我有时间,并且我就在现场。
But I didn’t want to seem a fool,
但是,我不想像一个傻瓜一样,
Or argue over a safety rule.
为了一个安全的规则而喋喋不休。
I knew he’d done the job before;
我知道他以前做过这个工作;
If I spoke up he might get sore.
如果我指出他的错误,他一定会对我发脾气。
The chances didn’t seem that bad;
并且,事情看起来也没有危险;
I’d done the same, he knew I had.
我以前也这样干过,他也知道我以前这样干过。
So I shook my head and walked on by;
所以,我摇摇头走开了;
He knew the risks as well as I.
他跟我一样明白其中的风险。
He took the chance, I closed an eye;
他铤而走险,我却睁一只眼闭一只眼;
And with that act, I let him die.
就因为我这样做了,我眼睁睁的开着他死去。
I could have saved a life that day,
我那天本可以拯救他的生命,
But I chose to look the other way.
但是我却选择了视而不见。
Now every time I see his wife,
如今我每次看到他的太太,
I know I should have saved his life.
我知道我可以拯救他的生命(都会自责没有能挽救他丈夫的生命)。
That guilt is something I must bear;
心中永远都有那份愧疚;
But it isn’t something you need share.
但是,我却无处倾述。
If you see a risk that others take,
如果你看到别人在冒风险,
That puts their health or life at stake,
那是拿他们的健康和生命在试风险,
The question asked or thing you say;
或许只需要你只言片语的提醒;
Could help them live another day.
能帮助他们活下来。
If you see a risk and walk away,
如果你看见别人铤而走险,而你却置之不理,
Then hope you never have to say,
但愿你永远不要说:
“I could have saved a life that day,
“我那天本可以拯救他的生命,
But I chose to look the other way.”
但是,我却选择了视而不见。
|
|